A picture tells a 1000 words!
Too often education is overly biased towards written text. Yet there are very few instances when a diagram or image does not assist communication and concept development.
This workshop has two components:
- A look at the basics of image editing for use in online spaces, and
- The use of existing online images with a Creative Commons licence, and how they can be embedded in course spaces
Half day program
- Types of images
- Don't reinvent the wheel!
- Creative Commons and FlickR - what's out there?
- Attributions and acknowledgement
- Linking and embedding
- Uploading and basic editing
- Hands on
'Robyn is a fantastic presenter'
'All very organised'
'Plenty of opportunity for questions'
' This course was so interesting for me as I have a vision on where I want my teaching to be and this is a great resource'
' It gave a stepping stone to pursue this means of class management/presentation'